Fuelmate’s Carbon Reduction Plan
Commitment to Achieving Net Zero
Fuelmate Ltd and the wider Rix group are fully committed to playing their part in achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Below are Fuelmate’s targets and initiatives to help towards attaining this goal.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Baseline Year: 2021
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions Calculations.
This baseline figure is based upon the proportion of headcount working at the J.R. Rix and Sons Ltd head office. The CO2 output for the head office is known. J.R. Rix & Sons Ltd has recently moved head office to a modern block which should be more efficient than that of the previously converted warehouse into offices.
Current Emissions Report 2021
Emissions Reduction Targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, Fuelmate have adopted the following carbon reduction milestones. We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 14 tCO2e by 2025. This is a reduction of 25% based on our 2021 baseline numbers. Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2021 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 2 tCO2e, a 10% reduction against the 2021 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract.
Fuelmate Ltd and its parent company J R Rix & Sons Ltd are working across its group of companies to reduce its CO2 emissions, which include (but are not limited) to:
• Accreditation to ISO14001 for the parent company;
• Accredited to ISO50001 for the parent company;
• The installation of a wind turbine at one of our leisure home manufacturing facilities (max rated at 80KW);
• The installation of PV panels (max rated at 180kw);
• LED light replacement plan where appropriate;
• Vehicle replacement plan for company vehicles, including encouraging company car drivers to choose hybrid or electric vehicles;
• Use of Euro 6 engines in new trucks and use of Adblue to reduce emissions;
• Driver training and development program to support more energy efficient fleet utilisation;
• Regular change of tyres across the commercial fleet to reduce fuel usage;
• New trucks to be fitted with automatic gearboxes for smoother driving style;
• Installation of electric charging points at J R Rix & Sons head office, motor dealership, and leisure home manufacturing facility;
• Introduction of a “bike to work” scheme for employees to reduce reliance on motor vehicles.
As a group, we are constantly evaluating initiatives to help us on our journey to net zero carbon emissions. Recently, we have relocated to a new state-of-the-art head office which is more thermally efficient and will reduce emissions due to the modern insulation and ergonomic design features, modern LED lighting, as well as many other factors.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard .
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed off 13/12/2021.